END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
This agreement is between you and the Organisation that has provided you with access to this software.
Please make sure you read the terms of this agreement carefully!
- Organisation – refers to business, organisation, school or entity that has provided you with access to the software.
- Software – refers to the application or platform that you have downloaded from an App Store.
- App Store – The Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Life Ninja Ltd – Also referred to as Message Ninja, Software Provider or Platform Provider.
- EULA – End User License Agreement, this entire document constitutes the EULA.
- Data Controller – the party directly responsible for your data, the Organisation is the controller of you data.
- Data Processor – Life Ninja Ltd is a processor of your data along with other carefully selected third parties such as Google whom provide various services to enable Life Ninja to make the Software work securely and efficiently.
WHO IS WHO?
- Message Ninja is a trading name of Life Ninja Ltd, for more information check out our website https://lifeninja.net
- The Organisation is the school or entity which has provided you with access to the Message Ninja App.
- The Organisation has licensed access to the Message Ninja platform from Life Ninja Ltd.
- Life Ninja Ltd is a Data Processor on behalf of the Organisation, the Organisation is the controller of your personal data also known as the Data Controller.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS AGREEMENT
- The End User Licence Agreement sets out the terms under which you may use this platform.
- In order to use this platform you have to agree to the terms without exception and you agree that any use of the platform will be confirmation that you agree with these terms and are legally bound by them.
- These terms are designed to make sure that the platform is used safely and that you get the best possible experience from it as an end user.
- You must be 18 years or over to accept the terms
- You agree to be subject to any changes to these terms and conditions by your continued use of the app whether on your own device or someone else’s.
- Any changes to these terms will be communicated to you in a reasonable manner via the application or the Organisation.
- The application from time to time will be updated, you acknowledge that in order to continue using the application you will need to keep the app up to date.
- You acknowledge that access to the platform is granted to you at the discretion of the Organisation and that the Organisation and Life Ninja Ltd are not obligated to provide you with access to the platform.
- You may only access the platform on a device you own or on another person’s device with their implicit consent.
- You are fully responsible for your login access to the platform and you are responsible for the security of your logins and access to your device. You acknowledge the recommendation of the Organisation which is that you should ensure you have adequate security in place on your device such as screen lock and a pin code in order to access your device.
- You may not allow anyone to use your logins on your behalf.
- You must use your real name to register to use the application and not a pseudonymous identity or someone else’s identity.
- The organisation may discontinue the provision of the provided application(s) at any time and Life Ninja Ltd will not be obligated to provide an alternative or ongoing provision of said service to you as an end user.
- The app may only be used for personal use.
DIGITAL CONSENT IN APP
You agree that any consent questions answered in app will be regarded as legal consent with the digital record of the answered consent question(s) associated with your personal logins being regarded as a digital representation of your signature.
- You acknowledge that the Organisation and Life Ninja Ltd will have access to personal data in the course of providing access to and use of the platform; including but not limited to your email address, name, your children’s names, IP address, device details, images and videos shared over the platform.
SURVEYS AND OTHER ADVERTISING ENGAGEMENTS
Life Ninja Ltd application(s) may include features where you are able to choose to participate in rewarded engagements such as completing surveys or watching video adverts. Life Ninja Ltd may choose to share a portion of any resulting remuneration in part or in full with you as the End User or the Organisation with which you are affiliated. Any such sharing of remuneration will be clearly described in the relevant application. In the event that you participate in any such engagements you will be sharing your data in some instances directly with the third party (such as Pollfish) who will be responsible for the data you have provided, and you will be subject to their particular privacy policies and Terms and Conditions in regards to the particular actions taken and data shared with them. Life Ninja Ltd makes no guarantee that you or the organisation with which you are affiliated will receive a share of revenue from any such engagements and cannot guarantee the ongoing availability or regular supply of any such rewarded engagements.
“Survey Serving Technology
APPLE, GOOGLE AND AMAZON ARE NOT A SPONSOR NOR ARE INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN THIS CONTEST/DRAW. NO APPLE PRODUCTS ARE BEING USED AS PRIZES.”
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
- If you use the platform to provide links to external sources or websites the Organisation and Life Ninja Ltd shall not be liable or responsible, responsibility for links to external websites posted by you as a user will belong to you as the sharer of the information / links.
- The Organisation may periodically share links to external websites, the Organisation or Life Ninja Ltd shall not be held responsible or liable for the content of such links nor can it attest to the content or suitability of any shared websites Privacy Policies. You as the End User are fully responsible for any links you choose to follow/open, and any goods, services or information you choose to purchase or consume.
- You acknowledge that neither Life Ninja Ltd or the Organisation shall be responsible or liable for illegal activity, inappropriate content, poor conduct and or any misuse whatsoever of the Message Ninja app. In the event you see anything that gives you cause for concern, please advise the Organisation as soon as reasonably possible.
- The app may not be used to solicit business or make personal advertisements.
- You accept that any abusive, intolerant, racist, sexist or otherwise inappropriate conduct is not acceptable and may result in your access to the platform being suspended or fully revoked
- You agree not to sell, rent, lease, assign, distribute, copy, modify, translate or host any part of the Software. As well, you may not adapt, merge, make adaptations, translations or derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile, attempt to discover the source code or reverse engineer any part of the Software.
- You must comply with any international sanctions, export and technology controls that may be relevant under UK law. In other words only use the application for its intended purpose as provided by the Organisation you are affiliated with.
- You may backup the Software as per terms applicable in your relevant App Store terms and conditions.
- You will not attempt to use the Software fraudulently, to commit fraud, intercept data traffic to and from the provided application or website, interfere with other users accounts, access and or interfere with the Organisations platform account, insert any malicious code, viruses or make any other form of attempt to circumvent the security measures that are in place.
- Life Ninja Ltd will retain all ownership and interest in and to the software and services/products, including all documentation, modifications, improvements, upgrades, derivative words, and all other Intellectual Property rights in connection with the software and services/products, including Life Ninja Ltd name, logos, any applicable copyrights and trademarks reproduced through the Service.
- Life Ninja Ltd or their affiliates and licensors as applicable, retain all ownership and intellectual property rights in and to:(a) the Services; and (b) all modifications, improvements, customizations, updates, enhancements, derivative works, translations and adaptations to the foregoing.
- You acknowledge that Life Ninja Ltd retains ownership of all Intellectual Property that can be associated with its software, products and services provided to you through any affiliated Organisation without exception.
- You acknowledge that you are subject to the Terms and Conditions of any Third Party software and services providers including their terms in respect to their Intellectual property.
To the extent not prohibited by law, the Organisation and Life Ninja Ltd in no event shall be liable to you for personal injury, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of interest, loss of data, corruption of data, loss of goodwill, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to the use or inability to use the licensed application, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort or otherwise) and even if the Organisation or Life Ninja Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
REQUIREMENTS TO USE MESSAGE NINJA
- You will need to be added / invited by your Organisation in order to register a Message Ninja account.
- You will need to download the app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You will need to be running at least Android 5.0 or iOS 11.0 to use Message Ninja on your relevant device
COSTS TO USE MESSAGE NINJA
The base product of Message Ninja is free to use, there is no cost to you as an end user or the Organisation who has provided you with access to the platform. The Premium Features are currently being provided free as an introductory offer.
PAYMENT PROCESSING, CHARGES AND HOW YOUR DATA IS HANDLED
- Any payments through the platform will be subject to a payment processing charge to Square the third party payment provider of which Life Ninja Ltd the publishers of Message Ninja receive a percentage.
- No payment information is stored by or accessible to the Organisation or Life Ninja Ltd.
- Payments are processed securely by a third party (Square) who are the only party who handle your payment details and funds.
- The only information that relates to payments that is visible to the Organisation and Life Ninja Ltd is the payment amount charged / paid over the platform.
ADVERTS IN MESSAGE NINJA
- Localised adverts may be displayed in the event feed of Message Ninja from time to time. These adverts are vetted before being published to ensure no inappropriate content is displayed in the Application.
- Any adverts will be relevant to the local area for example, 50% off tickets to the local panto at Christmas. The user experience of Message Ninja users is a priority for Life Ninja Ltd.
- There will never ever be more than one advert in the Events feed at any point in time.
- Advertising Liability Declaration: Life Ninja Ltd and the Organisation are under no circumstances liable in any way for the content and integrity of the adverts that may be displayed in the events feed including the quality, validity or performance of any products or services advertised.
- Adverts are placed on the basis of users depersonalised information such as geographic location based on the Organisations address and demographics based on the type of Organisation the user falls under ie a Primary School.
- By using Message Ninja you agree to Life Ninja Ltd using depersonalised information in order to place advertisements in the Events feed of Message Ninja App on your device.
APP STORE TERMS
Your App Stores terms may also apply to you. The App Store’s terms take precedence over the terms of this EULA in the event of there being any discrepancy between them.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/about/play-terms/index.html
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision will be severed from these Terms to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS LEGAL AGREEMENT
These laws are governed by English Law.
Document version 1.1 – 16 September 2019